Eddingtons Ltd is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Please read the following privacy statement to understand how your personal information will be treated when you elect to do business with us including viewing or registering on the Eddingtons or Stow Green websites, speaking to a member of our customer services or accounts team or receive a visit or contact from one of our sales managers or agents.
What personal information does Eddingtons Ltd collect?
Eddingtons Ltd collects personal information from you when you provide it to us directly, or through your use of our website, for example:
- Information about your company when you register for an account with us. This will include contact details of key points of contact, company name and information such as VAT number if applicable and any trade associations you belong to.
- Transaction, billing and delivery information, if you make a purchase with us.
- Records of your interactions with us, e.g. if you send email feedback to our website, ask a technical question, report a problem or otherwise contact us. Please note that if you telephone us, we may record the call for compliance, quality and staff training purposes.
- If you respond to one of our customer surveys or enter into a competition.
- If you interact with one of our sales agents, for example at a trade counter, trade show or customer premises.
- We may also record certain details of how you use our website, such as the website you came from or are going to, your device's unique ID, your IP addresses and operating system, adverts you click on, products you search for, products you purchase, and information you download. Marketing emails we send you may also automatically detect whether you have received or opened the email or clicked on a link in our marketing materials. We use this information for our own performance measurement, but also so that we can tailor our promotional messages and advertising to you.
How does Eddingtons Ltd use my personal information?
Depending on how you use the Eddingtons Ltd website, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfil your order and/or provide you with the services you have contracted for.
- To maintain your online account with us.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team.
- To personalise Eddingtons Ltd communications to you and show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, your purchase history and your browsing activity.
- To improve and maintain the Eddingtons Ltd website and monitor its usage.
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products and services.
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We rely on the following legal bases, under data protection law, to process your personal information:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
- Because it is in the legitimate interests of the Eddingtons Ltd your company, where you are submitting orders on your company’s behalf.
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
- Because it is in Eddingtons Ltd legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our customers to offer the best products and customer experience. We use information about you to tailor the Eddingtons and Stow Green website to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view.
With whom does Eddingtons Ltd share my personal information?
Eddingtons Ltd needs to share information with certain selected third parties in order to operate our business:
- Service Providers: We provide information to our service providers acting on our behalf (for example to companies that provide digital marketing services like product recommendation, statistical analysis, business & operational insight, website optimization), as well as to those third parties involved in the delivery chain (for example freight forwarders, couriers and delivery companies). On occasion, we also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors.
- Government Authorities: Where you order is due for delivery outside the UK, we may need to share information with customs authorities both in the UK and in the country of destination. We may also share personal information with law enforcement or other governmental authority, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
- Credit & Fraud Checking: We may share information with credit reference agencies and with third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- Media: From time to time, we may release aggregated and anonymised marketing statistics to business partners, or may use these in press releases, advertising, or published reports. We would only personally identify you or any other customer in such press releases, advertising, or reports with your prior consent.
- Business or Asset Sale: In the event that we sell any business assets, the personal information of our customers may be disclosed to a potential buyer. In this event, we will make reasonable attempts to ensure the buyer will be bound by the terms of this privacy statement.
Eddingtons Ltd may also disclose personal information in cases where we believe the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of the Eddingtons Ltd website, our customers, employees or the public, or where we are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Where does Eddingtons Ltd store my personal information, and how long for?
Eddingtons Ltd also uses service providers based around the world. Consequently, your personal information may be processed in countries outside of Europe, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rights in respect of your information than you do under local law. If we transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that the country in question provides an adequate level of data protection.
Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
What does Eddingtons / Stow Green do to protect my personal information?
Eddingtons Ltd components always aim to deliver the highest level of service and security to our customers and the Eddingtons or Stow Green websites have been specifically designed with security in mind.
In order to ensure the security and protection of your personal details whenever you submit any sensitive information such as account details, we use the following security methods:
- Your Eddingtons and Stow Green website information is password-protected so that you and only you have access to this information. You may edit your account information by using your Eddingtons password and clicking on ‘Your Account’ or by using your Stow Green user name and password and clicking on ‘My Account’ on your home page navigation bar. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email.
How does Eddingtons Ltd use my personal information for marketing?
Unless you opted-out during your account registration and purchase, Eddingtons Ltd may send you emails or call you regarding our products and services. In addition, we may occasionally send you direct mail about products that we feel may be of interest to you.
It is likely that some or all of these marketing messages may be tailored to you, based on what we know about you and/or your company, for example from your company profile, your previous searches and browsing history on our website and your purchase activity.
If you no longer want to hear from us, at any time you can:
You may also see adverts for Eddingtons or Stow Green on third party websites, including on social media. These adverts may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity, to enable us to serve adverts to customers who have visited the Eddingtons and Stow Green website). Where you see an ad on social media, this may because we have engaged the social network to show adverts to our customers, or users who match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, this may involve sharing your email address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailored ads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these third-party websites.
How can I access, update, correct or delete my personal information?
You can view and edit your profile details on the Eddingtons website by clicking on 'Edit your Contact Details' in your account or on the Stow Green website by clicking on ‘Change Details’ which you can access anytime via the navigation bar.
If you have forgotten your password, or have any other problems accessing either the Eddingtons or Stow Green website, please contact the Customer Services team on 01488 686572.
If you have a query regarding your personal information which you cannot resolve via your online company profile, please contact us using the details below. Under UK data protection law, you have the right to access (including in a machine-readable format), correct, and request the erasure of your personal data, and Eddingtons Ltd will comply with any requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are several limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
For questions regarding this privacy notice or how we use your personal data, please email email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org or call customer services on 01488 686572.
You are also entitled to contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal information.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time to reflect changes in the law, regulatory guidance or our data privacy practices in compliance with the law. When this happens and where required by law, we will provide you with a new or an updated notice detailing how the use of your personal information is changing and, if necessary, obtain your consent for the further processing.
Company Registered in England 46009614
The Reid Building, New Hayward Farm, Hungerford, Berkshire, RG17 0PZ - UK